Saturday 15 December 2012

Finally! The Visconti Opera Crystal Demonstrator.

Firstly, the apologies;
  1. Sorry it's taken so long.
  2. Sorry for the handwriting (as ever).
  3. Sorry that the words and photos aren't coordinated better.
  4. Sorry for the quality of the photos.
  5. Sorry for the quality of the scanned pages (I'm getting to grips with a new 'hand-held' scanner).
  6. Sorry for all the 'sorry's :-)
Ok, here goes...first, some piccies (do you like the background I used?)...

Oops, forgot to take this photo before I filled it up...

The cap, showing that hefty clip (by the way - Merry Christmas!).
(You can just see the spring that makes the bayonet cap system work).

Magnetically attached cap trim.

Note tip of nib turned up - Makes writing at all angles easy.
Metal of nib goes all the way around!
Hopefully this explains some of the stuff I've been waffling on about!
 
Cap engraving.
Only 1000 have been made (I was
very lucky to get hold of one).



That 'Mosquito' filling device (that's not a device to fill mosquitos, you understand).

You just stick the nib in the filler...

...the right way up, mind! And hey, no inky fingers to fret about :-)

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! Like the green too. I didnt realise theres was so much stuff in a pen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to
    give a quick shout out and tell you I really enjoy reading
    your blog posts. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same topics?

    Many thanks!
    Feel free to surf my web-site ; backlinks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank's 'Anonymous'. A couple of good blogs are 'OnFountainPens' and 'GourmetPens', both on Blogger or Blogspot I think.

    ReplyDelete